My group presentation slide design
Once the sequence is established with a larger heading and smaller text, consistency of the document should be regarded next as it is a crucial element of document design. To make a consistent document, one must consider a few key features - stylistic, spatial and mechanical consistency (Putnis & Petelin 1996). My presentation slides will have a consistent style and page layout as well as a standardised set of punctuation and capitalisation. All the text in my presentation will be done using the same font to improve consistent and readability.
I found that the white background for my group presentation was fairly dull, so I will change the background colour of my individual presentation to light blue. Blue is a 'cool' colour which Reynolds (2005) says is 'best for backgrounds'. I realise that colours play a crucial role in grabbing the audiences' attention as well as enhancing the efficiency of the reader in understanding the text, so colour is a pertinent element of a good document.
Several features dictate how good a document really is, and I hope with the changes that I will make from my first group presentation, my individual presentation will prove to be a good document with a good design.
References:
Kress, G & van Leuween, T 2006, Reading images, Routledge, New York.
Putnis, P & Petelin, R 1996, Writing to communicate, Prentice Hall, Sydney.Reep, D 2006, Technical writing, Pearson Education Inc., New York.
Reynolds, G 2005, Top ten slide tips, viewed 4 April 2009, www.garrreynolds.com/Presentation/slides.html
Schriver, KA 1997, Dynamics in document design: creating texts for readers, Wiley Computer Pub., New York.

No comments:
Post a Comment